I was delighted to team up with the brilliant ‘Pumpkin and Sprout’ (www.pumpkinandsprout.co.uk) earlier this year to form Happy Healthy Life. We have now run several successful cooking socials at the Oken’s Kitchen in Warwick. (okenskitchen.co.uk)
We ate & prepared a variety of different salads for our last event, but this salad has proved a popular one. Add in whatever veg you have available, it’s delicious with some seasonal fresh green veg such as peas, courgettes, cucumber, green beans, but feel free to add whatever you fancy!
We’ve taken a little summer break from our cooking socials, but we’ll be back in September, so please do get in touch if you’d like to join us. We have a face book page if you’d like to see what we’ve been up to so far (www.facebook.com/HappyHealthyLifeCourses/.) Otherwise please do not hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com.
6oz (1cup) quinoa
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 small mango chopped into small cubes
Bunch salad onions
4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2oz toasted cashew nuts
2 tsp medium curry paste
Grated zest & juice of 1 lime
4 tbsp fresh mint
Salt & pepper to taste
- Make up quinoa as per recipe below
- Stir in mango, onions, seeds & nuts
- Whisk together the curry paste, lime, mint, oil, seasoning & stir into the quinoa1 3/4 cups of water
- 1 cup quinoa (6oz)
(Perfectly cooked Quinoa)
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer
- Place in a pot with the water & bring to the boil
- Lower the heat, cover & cook for 12-15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed
- Turn off the heat, place a dry paper towel between the pot and the lid & allow the quinoa to cool before fluffing it up with a fork.